NATIONAL SMILE MONTH 2021
Who runs National Smile Month?
The Oral Health Foundation was formed in 1971 and is one of the World’s leading independent oral health charities. It is a campaign run by the Oral Health Foundation that champions the benefits of good oral health and promotes the value of a healthy smile.
This year, National Smile Month runs from 17th May–17th June 2021, with the aim to promote four key messages to encourage people to develop and maintain a healthy mouth:
• BRUSH YOUR TEETH FOR 2 MINUTES
- last thing at night and at least one other time during the day with a fluoride toothpaste, as this helps protect teeth from cavities and makes teeth stronger.
• CLEAN BETWEEN YOUR TEETH DAILY
- interdental cleaning aids
• CUT DOWN HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN YOU HAVE SUGARY FOODS AND DRINKS
- as sugar has been identified as a major factor in dental decay, reducing sugar to meal times only.
• REGULAR DENTAL VISITS
- Visit your dentist and hygienist for regular check-ups, as they will closely monitor the health of your teeth and mouth.
We see patients of all ages for general and family dentistry, and are valued for our high-quality and consistent care in our community and beyond. We offer a comprehensive range of services in a welcoming environment, and our experienced team of dentists are dedicated to ensuring all our patients are happy with their teeth, smile and experience.
Here’s how you and your family can take part in the National Smile Month click here: SMILE.
Please remember to complete your pre-assessment form first,
before you call to make your appointment.
Thank you for taking the time for reading our National Smile Month Blog!
Please support us by supporting and following us on Instagram.
- Leena K Dhiman
- May 27, 2021