Dental Implants Explained
• Do you have a single or multiple missing teeth?
• Are you embarrassed as a result of missing teeth?
• Are you looking for a solution that will allow you to eat more easily and speak more clearly?
Here at ConfiDental Care, we understand that it can become difficult to decide which form of dental treatment is right for you.
Dental Implants are the most popular way to fill in those gaps and regain your confidence. We believe, dental implants provide the best permanent fix giving you the freedom to eat whilst transforming your smile.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial substitute/replacement for the root portion of your natural tooth and is anchored into a pre-drilled socket in your jaw-bone to support a crown, bridge or secure a denture firmly in place.
During the placement of a dental implant, the goal is to achieve a close contact between the outer surface of the implant and the surrounding bone tissue so they can “fuse” together (osseointegration), creating a stable support for the new teeth.
What are dental implants made from?
Implants are made from titanium, a material that is well tolerated by bone and integrates easily with bone tissue.
Who can have dental implants?
Dental implants are suitable for anyone missing a tooth, except adolescents whose jawbone is still growing.
Generally, you will need:
• A jawbone that has reached full growth
• Adequate bone to secure the implants in place, or qualify for bone grafts
• Healthy oral tissues
• No health conditions that affect your bone’s ability to heal
• To be unable or unwilling to wear dentures
• To be smoke free
Most adults in good general health and with healthy gums are able to replace missing teeth using dental implants. However, every case is different, consulting a dentist well-versed in implant dentistry is the best way to find out if the solution can work for you.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
• A beautiful and natural-looking smile
• Clearer speech
• Improved biting and chewing ability
• Stabilise your teeth from drifting
• No maintenance beyond normal oral hygiene and regular dental cleaning and exams
• Will not shift or slip when you talk or chew
• Can last for many many years
Looking after your implants
Good oral hygiene is a key part of making sure your dental implants last as long as possible.
You will be provided with aftercare, recommending any specific flosses or interdental toothbrushes that may help you care for your implants.
What are the alternatives to dental implants?
• Dental Bridges
• Dental Crowns
Are Dental Implants expensive?
Deciding to have one or more implants is a big commitment, both financially and morally. To make payments more manageable, we offer finance plans to spread the costs. Through our partners at Tabeo, we offer 0% finance plans which can be spread over 12 months. Payment plans are subject to status and checks and you have to be over 18 to be eligible for finance.
To find out if dental implants are the right option for you, contact our friendly and professional team on 020 8289 3388
and book in for a FREE CONSULTATION!