Our teeth and smiles are rated as one of the most attractive features. Tooth whitening is a simple solution that can immediately improve the colour of your teeth and boost your self-confidence.
Over the past decade, the UK has followed American trends to get cosmetic treatments to achieve that perfect ‘Hollywood smile’.
With the rise in social media marketing, through influencers and celebrities and the improvement in the quality of technology, the public’s demand for a whiter and brighter smile keeps increasing.
What is Tooth Whitening?
At ConfiDental Care, we offer Zoom tooth whitening treatment which is a bleaching system, that lightens the discolouration of enamel (the outermost layer visible to the eye) and dentine (the bulk of a tooth, beneath the enamel).
Tooth staining can be classified into two different types:
1) External factors (extrinsic)
2) Internal factors (intrinsic)
- Poor oral hygiene
- Mouthwashes containing high concentrations of chlorhexidine
When is the right time to treat yourself?
- The ageing processes
- Fluorosis (overexposure of fluoride in the first 8 years of life)
- White spots (enamel hypo-mineralisation due to premature or low weight birth, chronic infections or an elevated temperature)
- Tetracycline staining (from antibiotics)
- Trauma (from a fracture or injury)
- Genetic factors
There is no time like the present. The process is pain-free with a few simple steps:
Do I need professional teeth whitening?
- Your dentist will begin by assessing your teeth to make sure they are suitable for tooth whitening treatment.
- If required, your dentist will professionally remove stains (cosmetic clean) from your teeth using a high-specification air polisher. This procedure prepares your teeth to best receive the whitening application and ensures the correct shade is achieved.
- Custom teeth whitening tray(s) will be made.
- You’ll have a follow-up appointment for the whitening tray(s) fit and will be provided with Zoom whitening gel pack and instructions.
Although many over-the-counter or online whitening products are cheaper on price, they are not as effective because their chemistry is either very weak and cannot bleach the teeth for sufficient amounts of time or they are very strong and dangerous to use and ingest.
ConfiDental Care carries out professional tooth whitening; safely and effectively. It’s definitely worth the cost to visit the dentist to get long-lasting and safe results.
Furthermore, it is illegal for anyone who is not a dental care professional to carry out tooth whitening. The British Dental Association states that “only registered dentists may carry out teeth whitening in the UK”, so make sure you consult a dental professional to begin your treatment.
How do you maintain your treatment results?
Your dentist will give you advice and instructions on how to maintain your results as part of the full treatment service. If you are taking care of your teeth and are diligent in following instructions, Zoom Whitening can usually last up to 2 years.
Here are a few points which will help the treatment results last longer:
- Stay away from or try and minimise foods that can discolour your teeth, like turmeric, curries, soy sauce, and vinegar. If these ingredients are in your meal, we recommend eating a piece of cheese before your meal to help coat your teeth and protect them.
- Reducing the intake or altogether, staying away from drinks such as teas, red wine, and coffee; anything acidic can cause staining.
- Rinses your mouth with water after meals, chew sugar-free gum or better still give your teeth a light brush after any heavy coloured food or drink intake.
For more information on Zoom tooth whitening treatment at Confidental Care, please call 020 8289 3388
We regularly post good advice on our social media pages so give us a like, follow and share to spread the love.